Commercial Litigation Associate: Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, and Cheyenne
Holland and Hart LLP
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Type: Full Time
Join the team at Holland & Hart! We are the largest AmLaw 200 firm in the Mountain West and are known for our pioneering, innovative spirit and team-based, collaborative environment. Our attorneys experience sophisticated practices common to larger firms while enjoying the benefits of living in one of Holland & Hart’s desirable geographical locations. We frequently hire lawyers who want to relocate from firms in large, coastal cities to vibrant communities where you can take advantage of city life, serve clients on challenging work, and enjoy Mountain West vistas and recreational options at your doorstep. The firm’s robust benefits and wellness program, long-standing flexible schedule options, and remote-work arrangements support Holland & Hart’s value of living full lives.
Holland & Hart is seeking to add associates to its commercial litigation team in our Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, and Cheyenne locations.
• Las Vegas: 3-6 years of top tier law firm experience in complex litigation matters, an energetic personality, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Excellent legal research and writing skills are required. Preferred candidates will possess a strong academic background, practical law school experience (law review, law journal, moot court, or trial advocacy team), and/or judicial clerkship experience.
• Salt Lake City: 1- 4 years of relevant commercial litigation experience at a top firm, a judicial clerkship, or a combination of the two and will be team oriented with strong written and oral communication skills and will have professional recommendations. Practical law school experience (law review, law journal, moot court, or trial advocacy team), and judicial clerkship experience are highly desired. Employment law experience is a plus.
• Cheyenne (5+ years): Candidate will have at least five years of experience in commercial litigation matters. Ideal candidates will also have experience in government contracts matters.
• Please visit the Holland & Hart website for more details and apply directly online (https://www.hollandhart.com/careers).
• Please be prepared to submit a resume, cover letter and law school transcript.
• You may address your cover letter and/or direct application questions to Leslie Beard, Recruiting & Onboarding Coordinator (LNBeard@hollandhart.com). No phone calls or unsolicited resumes from search firms, please. Search firm inquiries may be directed to Lisa Liss, Recruiting Manager (LVLiss@hollandhart.com).
Holland & Hart promotes work/life balance with a robust wellness program, unlimited PTO, a reduced time program, and a sabbatical program for eligible employees and partners. Full-time employees become eligible for benefits on the date of hire, with a benefits offering that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, EAP, STD, and LTD. Additionally the firm provides enhanced parental leave for both primary and non-primary caregivers as well as an automatic Off Ramp/On Ramp program before and after parental leave. Also available are voluntary income protection benefits such as supplemental life, accident, critical illness, and long-term care insurances, as well as a 401(k)-retirement plan with a company match. In addition, the firm has programs that may provide for educational assistance, a subscription service for continuing legal education programs, free or discounted legal services, and opportunities through the Holland & Hart Foundation, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating volunteer opportunities for lawyers, staff, families, and friends of Holland & Hart LLP. Part-time employees may have access to some of these benefits, which may be on a pro-rated basis.
About Holland & Hart:
Holland & Hart is consistently ranked as a Vault “top law firm,” Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality, a top law firm for women and female equity partnership, and Mansfield Rule Plus certified. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to the firm’s strategic initiatives of building dynamic teams to serve clients more effectively and with greater creativity and innovation.
Our core values - - integrity, excellence, innovation, teamwork, our commitment to one another, our diverse workforce, our communities, and living full lives - - influence all aspects of Holland & Hart’s work environment. We intentionally create opportunities for attorneys to seek balance in their professional and personal lives through long-standing programs, including flexible-hour schedules, remote work, and sabbatical programs, so they can be in the moment with their work, with their families, or while pursuing personal interests.
Holland & Hart is a full-service law firm that today has approximately 470 lawyers across eight states and in Washington, D.C. delivering integrated legal solutions to regional, national, and international clients of all sizes in a diverse range of industries. As part of its longstanding focus on diversity and inclusion, the firm has adopted a diversity plan and participates in diversity initiatives. For more information, please visit: https://www.hollandhart.com/diversity. Holland & Hart is an equal opportunity employer.