Reporting to the Associate General Counsel – North America at ManpowerGroup’s World Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI, this role will provide legal advice to the Chief Legal Officer, Associate General Counsel, senior management and other internal clients regarding a variety of business law matters.
• Reviews, drafts and negotiates client contracts for ManpowerGroup and its subsidiaries in the United States and Canada.
• Leads the negotiation of cross-border contracts for U.S.-headquartered clients.
• Provides legal advice on a variety of business law topics that may include antitrust, corporate governance, data privacy, ethics, franchising, insurance, mergers/acquisitions and supplier/purchasing agreements.
• Manages a variety of high-level, complex and cross-functional business law projects.
Subject matter expertise in the following areas is required:
Subject matter expertise in the following areas is preferred:
Data Privacy Law
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school. License to practice law and member in good standing of Wisconsin State Bar or other state’s bar • Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as an attorney in a law firm or as in-house counsel • Ability to develop excellent rapport with internal and external clients • Strong written and verbal communication skills • Experience working in a large firm or global organization preferred • Strong proficiency in reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts • Experience working with employment and staffing laws • Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment • Strong proficiency in analyzing and preparing written opinions regarding complex legal issues in a variety of legal areas with a minimum of legalese • Proficiency in making presentations to and communicating with clients, executives and other audiences • Strong project management and research skills • Capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment • Capable of supervising outside counsel on routine matters • Proficient in various software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We are open to both local and out-of-state candidates for this position. If local (within 50 miles of Milwaukee, WI) this position is based in our Global Headquarters located in downtown Milwaukee. Employees can enjoy an onsite cafeteria, coffee shop and gym along with beautiful views of the Milwaukee River, Deer District and historic downtown architecture. ManpowerGroup is proud to support a flexible working environment. Attorneys may work virtually (1-2 days per week). ManpowerGroup puts our employees’ safety first and requires all individuals working or visiting our Headquarters to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If out of state (or greater than 50 miles from Milwaukee, WI) ManpowerGroup, this position is remote. This includes remote onboarding support, technology stipends and home delivery of computer and other office equipment (required by position).
ManpowerGroup is the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, connecting human potential to the power of business. ManpowerGroup serves both large and small organizations across all industry sectors through our brands and offerings: Manpower, Experis and Talent Solutions.