Visa is seeking a business and commercial lawyer to join its growing legal team that supports Visa’s Global Product, Technology and Business Solutions organizations. The position will report to a Vice-President, Legal - Global Product, Technology & Business Solutions.
The role includes responsibility for supporting Visa Direct, as well as a variety of products, services, and operational functions, either as the lead attorney or as part of a small team of experienced counsel. Products and services include Visa’s core product suite (credit, debit, prepaid, commercial), data products, value-added services, new payments flows, network processing, mobile, digital, fraud, identity, and loyalty and offers. The attorney will work closely with other experienced lawyers and compliance professionals, and regularly engage with business clients.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and challenging, but highly rewarding, environment; have good judgment and strong analytical, client counseling, and negotiation skills; be self-motivated; and, most importantly, be an optimistic, curious, and collaborative team player.
Visa Is Looking For Someone Who Will
· Work closely with business and technology teams to understand and achieve key business objectives and help them develop compelling product and service offerings
· Draft, negotiate, and drive to completion complex commercial agreements that achieve business objectives, and continue to support those business relationships once consummated
· Provide sophisticated and creative counseling and advice to business and technology teams regarding product development, deployment, and associated commercial and contracting considerations
· Work closely with Visa’s regional and local legal and business teams globally, and assist these teams in resolving regional and local issues, including to achieve consistency on approaches and issues by Visa worldwide
· 4 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s and JD
· Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. degree (or international equivalent); admitted to practice law in the United States
· Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as needed, and engage directly with business clients at all levels
· Must be a practical and creative problem-solver with strong business acumen and work ethic
· Must be able to manage and drive the legal and regulatory aspects of complex business initiatives, both in the U.S. and internationally
· Strong preference for prior experience in payments or financial services
· Varies upon the needs of the department
· This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underse...rved consumers.You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.