Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
To serve as a senior lawyer handling complex legal matters and projects on behalf of PECO Energy, a regulated, investor-owned Pennsylvania distribution utility company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Provide legal advice and representation before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) in connection with resolving customer complaints alleging billing and service issues.
Provide legal advice and representation primarily before the PUC to PECO’s natural gas and electric delivery businesses in a variety of state and federal energy regulatory matters (e.g., rate cases, compliance matters, enforcement matters, regulatory litigation) and manage outside counsel assisting in such matters.
Provide general legal services to PECO business units, including assisting in the preparation of testimony, writing regulatory comments, drafting and negotiating contracts and other miscellaneous legal matters, and managing outside counsel assisting in such matters.
2. Prepare and manage early assessments and budgets for all matters involving outside counsel
3. Provide project leadership and direction to less experienced attorneys and support staff
4. Projects / duties as assigned
- JD from an accredited law school, admission to the PA bar with bar membership in good standing. - Minimum or 5-8 years of experience in legal practice. - Excellent oral and written communication, legal drafting and negotiating skills; ability to draft and respond to discovery and lead employees and counsel clients in the discovery process, knowledge of general contract and business law.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws regulating the utility industry and understanding of the operation of natural gas and electric utilities. - Advanced experience in regulatory law, municipal law and/or civil litigation
Internal Number: 221838
About Exelon Corporation
Sustainable GrowthExelon Corporation is the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with approximately $33 billion in annual revenues. The Exelon family of companies participates in every stage of the energy business, from generation to competitive energy sales to transmission to delivery. Headquartered in Chicago, Exelon has operations and business activities in 47 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. The company is the largest competitive U.S. power generator, with approximately 35,000 megawatts of owned capacity comprising one of the nation’s cleanest and lowest-cost power generation fleets. Its Constellation business unit provides energy products and services to approximately 100,000 business and public sector customers and approximately 1 million residential customers. Exelon’s utilities deliver electricity and natural gas to more than 6.6 million customers in central Maryland (BGE), northern Illinois (ComEd) and southeastern Pennsylvania (PECO