Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here's what you can expect as a Senior Corporate Counsel, Mergers and Acquisitions at DaVita:
The position will be part of a large mergers and acquisitions legal team. Reporting to an Assistant General Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions, this individual will help support strategic growth. This role will be required to develop and foster relationships across the organization and provide legal support for healthcare transactions.
The successful candidate will be part of an outstanding team dedicated to supporting high quality care and helping to drive the Company’s mission and values. The role requires joint venture and/or mergers and acquisitions experience.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to make a significant contribution within a challenging and rewarding environment in support of DaVita’s profound mission and service excellence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Under the supervision of senior attorneys, draft, negotiate and support complex joint venture and M&A transactions primarily for the domestic kidney care business and other business divisions.
• Help develop and implement standardized templates and processes for repeatable transactions, with an eye toward increasing efficiency within the deal process.
• Assist in managing an active M&A portfolio, including deal pipeline, metric development, implementation and tracking.
• Actively oversee and manage outside counsel, develop and implement ways to effectively and efficiently use outside counsel.
• Work collaboratively with a broad range of people developing and maintaining strong working relationships between legal, finance, people services, operations and business development teams to facilitate a team based approach.
• Juggle and successfully prioritize competing and voluminous work streams simultaneously.
• Understand and be able to translate into “plain English” the legal ramifications of varied legal issues (including regulatory requirements) and clearly and succinctly articulate the risks. Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise level objectives.
• Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple constituencies.
• Live, uphold and model DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with the ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
• Successful track record of six to nine years of diverse M&A, joint venture and complex transaction experience.
• Experience in the healthcare industry and with healthcare transactions is desired.
• The candidate ideally has a combination of law firm and in-house experience. However, exclusively law firm-trained candidates will be considered with diverse substantive and sophisticated transactions experience.
• Experience in positively and successfully managing relationships with a high energy, diverse group of stakeholders across organizational lines. A thoughtful, articulate and effective communicator who can distill and articulate the important aspects of any transaction issue to a wide audience of participants.
• Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the "big picture" as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific business issues.
• High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills (including presentations).
Education / Certifications
The successful candidate will hold a law degree with strong academic credentials and will have obtained an undergraduate degree from a college or university of recognized standing. The candidate must be licensed in good standing to practice law within Colorado or must be eligible for licensure through reciprocity.
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and DaVita Medical Group. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of September 30, 2017, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,470 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 196,000 patients. The company also operated 230 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States. DaVita Kidney Care supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts are recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.