Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
At Apple, we deliver products, technologies and services to inspire creativity and enrich lives. Apple has become one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the world. We hold ourselves to the highest standards to maintain public and employee trust by ensuring compliance with data protection and international privacy laws. We are Apple's Privacy Law Team. As the Director of Privacy Compliance you will manage a team who will drive privacy compliance projects across Apple ensuring continued compliance with existing and new global privacy regulations.
Description: The Director of Privacy Compliance is responsible to inspire, mobilize and lead a global team focused on common deliverables, goals and timelines. In this role you will partner across Apple Leadership including Legal, Business Assurance, Software Engineering, Apple Media Properties, iCloud, Product Marketing, Marketing, Sales, Retail AppleCare and the People organization. You have the following strengths:
- Action Oriented and Perseverance: You are ‘self driven’ to work across multiple groups to deliver time bound compliant initiatives. Ability to encourage others to identify benefits, risks and mitigation plans when influencing project decisions
- Flexibility: You handle directional changes and have the ability to concurrently manage and lead multiple large-scale programs
- Time Management and Technical Learning: You will be responsible for leading a team working cross-functionally across Apple and to manage time sensitive technical milestones
- Developing Others: You will provide career development and mentorship to maximize team potential
- Communication skills: You will ably communicate project roadmap, priorities and key status updates to project stakeholders and business teams. Able to accommodate various time zones to support international business stakeholders and project teams
- Domestic and international travel may be required
Key Qualifications: •Consistent track record of senior project management across a large global company •Knowledge of global privacy laws including GDPR •Demonstrable experience in leading cross functional initiatives •You drive results in diverse fast paced environments •Able to clearly organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communications •Ability to lead, take action and provide goal oriented direction in the face of ambiguity •Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail •Teammate with ability to partner at all levels of the organization •You are able to multi-task own activities across diverse business units and geographical boundaries •Comfortable expressing a point of view and influencing change •Knowledge of Apple's core products and operating systems a plus •Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
Education: Have relevant academic qualifications
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Internal Number: 114233000
About Apple Inc.
We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music and Apple Pay. And the same innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.