Basic Function: Represent and advise the Corporation with respect to all aspects of its activities and functions, with a concentration in complex, multi-party, multi-parcel development leases and agreements, including large-scale urban land leasing and financing. Must have ability to anticipate and communicate issues to legal and business staff.
Work Performed (duties of this position):
• Represent ESD on all aspects of general corporate matters including the drafting, negotiation and/or review of diverse corporate documents by and among public and private parties, such as grant disbursement agreements, loans, mortgages and other financing documents, confidentiality agreements, public notices, board meeting disclosure and approval documents, asset purchase agreements, term sheets and memoranda of understanding.
• Draft, negotiate, review and advise on real estate acquisition, disposition, financing and development documents including land purchase and sale agreements, leases, development agreements, deeds, easements, licenses, title reports and appraisals.
• Draft, negotiate, review and advise during development of construction contracts, construction support services post award, including but not limited to contract interpretation, contract disputes, amendments and claims resolution.
• Work with interdisciplinary teams of in-house staff and outside consultants (including private developers, State and local regulatory entities, outside counsel, environmental consultants, architects and others) to develop General Project Plans for single and multi-parcel real estate development projects for commercial and mixed uses Statewide.
• Draft scopes of services for project consultants including appraisers and outside counsel, and provide consulting contract management and oversight.
• Advise on and assist in drafting solicitation documents for real estate dispositions.
• Draft and/or review and provide advice to ESD with respect to legislation and regulation that might affect ESD and its projects.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with UDC Act, all UDC legislation and related laws and regulations.
• Perform administrative and other tasks assigned by the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel.
• Supervise assistant counsel, interns and outside counsel and consultants for ESD.
Education: J. D. or LLB from accredited law school; admission to New York State Bar.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years of post-admission legal experience in corporate and real estate fields, ideally with large-scale development projects involving public and private participants secured and unsecured, permanent and construction financing.
Knowledge: Corporate and real estate laws; real estate financing. Knowledge of construction and zoning laws and regulation desirable.
The mission of Empire State Development is to promote a vigorous and growing state economy, encourage business investment and job creation, and support diverse, prosperous local economies across New York State through the efficient use of loans, grants, tax credits, real estate development, marketing and other forms of assistance.
BACK TO TOP
MCCA Job Bank is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MCCA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MCCA Job Bank.