Counsel or Senior Counsel - Public and Institutional Banking and Finance Practice Group
Chapman and Cutler LLP
May 17, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
5-7 years experience
Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking to hire one (1) Counsel or Senior Counsel to join the Public and Institutional Banking and Finance Practice Group in the Banking Department in our Chicago office. The successful candidate must have at least 3-7 years of experience practicing transactional law at a large or medium size firm.
Examples of specific types of desired experience include the following:
* Experience preparing reimbursement agreements, letters of credit and liquidity facilities utilized in connection with public finance transactions
* Familiarity with municipal finance, banking, corporate finance and securities underwriting, including bond issuance, municipal general obligation and revenue bonds, tax and revenue anticipation notes and municipal lease obligations
* Understanding of the legal complexities of letters of credit and liquidity facilities in support of publicly issued municipal securities
* Specific experience dealing with some number of the following will be beneficial: nonprofit hospitals, nursing homes, universities and cultural institutions, exempt facility bonds financing housing, airports, utilities, solid waste and resource recovery facilities, student loan bonds, small issue industrial development bonds and commercial paper programs
* Experience in commercial lending transactions
The ideal candidate also should possess impressive academic credentials; the ability to simultaneously negotiate and handle multiple transactions; strong interpersonal, analytical and writing skills as well as superior negotiating skills. Candidates must be current members in good standing of the Illinois bar.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of representative transactions/engagements. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.
About Chapman and Cutler LLP
Since its founding in 1913, Chapman and Cutler LLP has focused on finance. The firm has represented market participants in all aspects of banking, corporate finance and securities and public finance transactions since its inception. That mission and focus continue to this day.
BACK TO TOP
MCCA Job Bank is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MCCA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MCCA Job Bank.