This position will provide legal advice and support for technology, outsourcing and commercial contracting matters and general business law.
• Act as primary legal support for IT, Operations and Sourcing and Vendor Management, and other business departments on all contracting matters, including implementing best practices and documenting procedures.
• Draft, negotiate and review a wide range of contracts, including vendor, master service, consulting, support and maintenance, strategic partner, software, outsourcing, and intercompany agreements, NDAs, and technology licenses.
• Review and analyze proposed contractual transactions in light of internal policies, Allianz Group standards, and applicable laws to manage risk and align with company strategy.
• Update and maintain standardized agreement templates, and document practices and procedures to drive efficiencies in contracting process.
• Implement Allianz Group policies and guidelines as they relate to all contracting matters.
• Develop strong relationships and collaborate with business partners, including IT, Sourcing and Vendor Management, Finance and Compliance, to develop ongoing improvement of contracting legal review process.
• Keep abreast of new and evolving laws/regulations affecting contract drafting matters.
• Assist as available with other corporate legal matters, including intellectual property, privacy, regulatory filings, and general business law matters
• 8+ years experience practicing in contracting or transactional matters at a law firm and/or in-house
• Demonstrated experience with drafting and negotiating complex vendor, technology and outsourcing
• Familiarity with regulation of insurance/financial services industry
• Demonstrated experience interacting with the highest levels of executive management
• Well-developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Exceptional judgment and critical thinking
• Ability to provide sound, proactive fact-based legal advice
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross- functional team setting
• Ability to drive results and balance management of legal risk with business goals
• Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented business environment
• Strong time management, project management and computer application skills