As an immigration attorney in our dynamic and diverse, 150+ person, Chambers-ranked Business Immigration and Global Mobility Practice, you will be responsible for legal oversight of non-immigrant and immigrant visas for Fortune 500 corporations, major academic and medical institutions, as well as professional athletes and performing artists. We operate within a high-volume AM Law 100 law firm environment, and deploy the industry’s most sophisticated service delivery model to manage the business immigration and global mobility programs of our clients. Our practice is growing and we are always seeking self-motivated, intelligent and composed attorneys to be part of our team.
A successful candidate should have the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- evaluate legal eligibility of corporate foreign national employees for visa status,
- manage a portfolio of PERM applications at a programmatic level,
- draft, review and process non-immigrant (H-1B, L-1, TN, E-3, J-1 and O-1) visa petitions and applications, as well PERM-based immigrant visa petitions, Alien of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Researcher and NIW petitions, and complex RFE and DOL audit responses.
- effectively manage client relationships and a team of paralegals for high-volume clients,
- explain sophisticated immigration concepts and present strategic solutions for clients,
- supervise case handlers in preparing packages, and
- effectively manage complex projects under tight deadlines.
Those who are successful in our environment are able to:
- multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, navigate complex technology platforms efficiently (ImmSTAR, HotDocs, Excel),
- communicate effectively in writing and verbally, as appropriate for the needs of the audience (clients, governmental agencies, internal and external resources),
- use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems,
- contribute to a positive work environment, and
- demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- A successful candidate will possess a J.D. and have an active status in a State Bar Association
- 5-7 years of immigration-specific experience.
Note To Agencies and Applicants: At this time, Seyfarth Shaw LLP will not be accepting applications submitted through search firms for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.
Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides thoughtful, strategic, practical legal counsel to client companies and legal teams of all sizes. With more than 850 attorneys in the U.S., London, Shanghai, Melbourne and Sydney, we offer a national platform and an international gateway to serve your changing business and legal needs in litigation, employment, corporate, real estate and employee benefits.