Responsible for providing legal support and knowledge for technology transactions and matters affecting one or more of the business units and/or corporate headquarters. Provides advice and recommendations on complex issues that have or may have a significant impact on business activities and operations. Operates with minimal supervision and regarded as a subject matter expert in technology and licensing transactions.
Core Responsibilities: - Counsel and advise product and business development teams on strategic partnerships, e-commerce agreements, and legal and customer requirements across a wide range of product offerings and platforms. - Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including, but not limited to, license and distribution agreements and product development agreements for advanced broadband and digital media products and services and related businesses.
Minimum Qualifications: - Law Degree. Top 20% of class preferred.
- Member of a state bar, Pennsylvania preferred, in good standing.
- Minimum ten years combined experience with a law firm and corporate legal department.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the company’s objectives.
- In depth knowledge of copyright law, technology licensing (including open source software), content and data licensing, and e-commerce.
- Understanding of the broadband business and technology (video and content distribution, high speed Internet, VOD, DVRs, HDTV, and ITV), digital media technologies, and apps.
- Familiarity with antitrust, data privacy and security, and FTC and FCC regulatory matters not required but a strong plus.
- Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
General Description of Assistant General Counsel-Level Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice to Cable Division executives on day to day licensing and technology matters
- Provides legal counsel and support to one or more business units and/or the corporate headquarters. Counsels on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Provides leadership in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty.
- Engages and directs outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- Represents Company with respect to threatened litigation and analyzes claims or threats of litigation.
- Manages litigation with outside counsel, including review of pleadings and case strategy.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- Leads and provides guidance to legal staff including junior Attorneys, Paralegals, and administrative staff, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV and Internet, entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, television and movies. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come.