About This Opportunity Delivers legal services in substantive areas specific to Employee Relations ("ER"). Works under general guidance to ensure that the ER legal services provided represent the organization's brand and philosophy in a cost-effective, strategic and responsible manner. Builds great team and client relationships.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Director, ER Counsel you'll take the lead as you...
* Strategically manage employment litigation and agency matters along with key partners.
* Work independently with outside counsel and ensure that Target's standards for legal work are performed in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
* Provide expert legal counsel in Employee Relations matters for assigned areas, pyramids and/or projects.
* Support enterprise initiatives by identifying ER related issues and ensuring strategies and actions are compliant with the law as well as Target's ER brand, mission and philosophy.
* Remain current on legal and business developments and share appropriately with ER/LR team and business partners.
* Review and provide feedback on various documents such as position statements, motions and briefs.
* Develop and provide training on various ER topics.
* Assist in representing Target's interests to government agencies and other outside entities.
* J.D. or equivalent from accredited law school and admitted to a state bar. * 5+ years of relevant Employee Relations work experience (e.g., employment litigation experience and /or experience providing legal advice in a corporate or law firm setting). * Strong written and oral communication skills. * Strong ability to establish effective, trusted team and client relationships. * Strong litigation experience with significant employment law background. * Strong ability to understand HR and business objectives and strategies.
Preferred * Experience litigating and/or managing wage and hour litigation.
* Familiarity with California employment laws, including California wage and hour law.
* Experience leading a team.
* In-house experience within a corporate law department.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at around 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Press. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.