The Global Legal Operations Leader will be responsible for the strategy development, implementation and ongoing cycles of improvement of key legal processes and enabling technologies. The Global Operations Manager will have global accountabilities and work across regions, work groups and other support functions to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of legal services to our business and functional partners. This role will be accountable for ensuring continuous cycles of improvement that generate tangible efficiencies each year. This position will have oversight of all core enabling resources that are crucial to the operations of the Law function: administrative support; records management; legal procurement; and contracts. It will serve as critical interface to the technology, communications and finance functions directing strategy and priorities for embedded resources.
50 % Legal operations strategy development, implementation and work system design
• Development and management of Law’s Legal Operations Strategy including the work system architecture, structure, processes, metrics and the optimization of global shared resources and services.
• Responsible for driving common policies, processes and systems globally to achieve efficient and effective delivery of legal services.
• Oversight for Law’s technology including the strategy, implementation and optimization of Law’s technology framework/architecture, assets and data. Serve as the main interface with embedded Global IT team.
• Identify opportunities across Law’s systems and processes to drive continuous improvement, reduce costs and improve overall consistency and effectiveness of Law services, including out-sourcing, in-sourcing and utilization of CBS centers.
• Design, evolve and manage Law’s knowledge management systems, project management, metrics and data analytics
25 % Leadership of enabling teams
• Direct and indirect management of shared services teams including administrative services, records management, vendor and outside counsel procurement, data analytics and the global contracts group. Coach, develop and engage teams to maximize system and process improvements.
• Leadership of Law’s outside counsel sourcing and vendor management strategy and processes; aide in implementing a global procurement strategy and process; management of procurement resources.
• Responsible for leveraging Law’s finance resources for Law budgets, financial analysis, metrics, and data analytics
25% Leadership for continuous improvement
• Identify opportunities across Law’s systems and processes to drive continuous improvement, reduce costs and improve overall consistency and effectiveness of Law services
• Develop a strategy and oversee Law’s initiative for the out-sourcing, in-sourcing and utilization of CBS centers. Oversee management and service quality of key legal resources in these locations.
• J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
• 10+ years of relevant legal experience
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities with strong personal and organizational accountability and initiative
• Proven ability to create, influence, and implement strategies related to business operations and organizational change.
• Prior experience with developing and implementing work systems and processes related to the practice of law or business operations
• Proven understanding of knowledge management practices
• Minimum of 5 years of coaching, developing and managing direct and indirect resources.
• Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle, prioritize, and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously; strong project management and execution skills.
• Creative, resilient, and flexible style and approach to solving problems, with high tolerance for ambiguity.
• Proven history of building trust and influencing key stakeholders and peers.
• Collaboration with others to promote greater team work and outcomes for clients.
• Proven ability to manage conflict and strong problem solving abilities.
• Good judgment and commitment to high ethical standards.
• Able to contribute to a positive and inclusive working environment.
• Ability to lead and influence in highly matrixed organization, across cultures and at varied levels within the organization.
• Excellent English language skills required (reading, speaking and writing).
• Proficiency at gathering facts; courage to speak up/contribute in group settings.
• In-house legal experience.
• Speaks clearly and concisely, adapts to audience and is able to condense complex ideas into simple messages.
• Proven ability to apply concepts related to lean/six sigma and demonstrated success in implementing concepts in key work accountabilities
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.